Creative Junction delivered four forums on behalf of Artswork with an aim to grow Arts Award in the South East region through the building of local connections in specific geographic areas. Adviser Forums have a clear focus on supporting collaboration between Arts Award advisers from all sectors e.g. arts and cultural organisations, Local Authorities, schools and colleges, youth settings, community settings, heritage settings, museums and libraries networks, music education hubs etc.
We supported the aims of the programme, to:
- Share best practice, support, advice and local knowledge.
- Foster a creative approach to Arts Award delivery and provide a structure for greater partnership working between centres e.g. in which a ‘carousel’ approach to local delivery may be piloted.
- Explore opportunities for collaboration in celebration events, as a medium for CPD training and to provide a coordinated approach for engagement with Training Support Agencies.
- Re-engage inactive advisers and inspire new ones.
- Increase the quantity and quality of Arts Award provision on a local basis which will in turn help to raise the profile of the award across the SE region.
- Help inform existing, future and potential work across the sub-region, identifying cold-spots and hot-spots of local activity.
- Act as a conduit through which future partnerships and growth initiatives can develop and provide case studies/ models of good practice.
- Act as local advocates for Arts Award, accessing local CYP/ Arts networks and support Artswork communication policy to promote Arts Award.
- Link strategically through our parallel investment in cross-sectorial networks.