In partnership with Slough and Reading Schools and private partner SEGRO, Europe’s leading owner-manager and developer of industrial property, Creative Junction promoted Artsmark within local schools and raised awareness and understanding of Arts Award across schools. This was achieved through artists working with the schools and the young people having their work exhibited at a professional venue.
The outcomes were:
- Artsmark introduced to 4 schools, with 2 Slough Schools and 1 Reading School joining network and attending training in 2013.
- Arts Award promoted in all schools and 2 new advisers trained.
- 25 students gained experience of working to a deadline for an arts commission. They learnt from the artists and realised the work had to be completed within a certain timeframe and worked hard to achieve this.
- The students gained knowledge from the professional artists experience and advice.
- The students enhanced their communication skills by teaching one another something they have learned.
The art work was exhibited at the GX Gallery in London.