Creative Junction, in 2017 was successful in an application to Berkshire Community Foundation for their ‘Being Well’ project.
This innovative project:
- addressed needs gap: offering disabled people tailored, exciting arts sessions
- improved health and wellbeing: reducing loneliness and isolation and associated effects
- offered opportunities for social interaction, to try new things, be active, increase self esteem, and through intergenerational collaboration encourage dialogue, learning, understanding and respect.
- supported young dancers- to develop their leadership experience, gain skills development opportunities and receive mentorship
- opened up opportunities for young people in community arts practice/leadership
Movement sessions ran for people with disabilities as a pilot in two supported living homes in Cippenham, Slough.
The ladies have been enjoying increased physical, emotional and social wellbeing through improving flexibility, having fun and nurturing relationships with staff and peers.
Working together with 4Motion Dance Theatre and Creative Academy young dancers were recruited to join the project.
They have been gaining experience in community dance and community settings.
Due to the success and enjoyment of the sessions, they are now being promoted publicly!
In addition, we are designing and delivering training sessions for young creatives to develop their skills and understanding, through support from Santander Foundation.