Creative Junction was awarded a Slough Borough Council Outdoor Play grant for delivery of activity in Autumn 2015.
The activity aimed to:
- Increase participation in outdoor/indoor play for children (under 11) and their families and to encourage greater use of accessible parks and green spaces throughout the year
- Assess new methods such as active play to promote physical activity
- Demonstrate how outdoor/indoor play opportunities can improve children’s health and wellbeing
- Raise the profile of play in childhood and its benefits to health
- Offer inclusive provision of activity and active play for children
We worked together with newly opened Blue Willow Day Nursery as well as promoting the event publicly, for a morning of free outdoor art activities. Activities involved families taking part in singing; music; movement; making and playing instruments; making and drawing nature creatures and creating stop motion animation films.