Following on from the success of Sing Up, Creative Junction continued working together with Slough Music Service on “Share the music”, a programme of music activities for children and young people to learn music and share their learning and love of music with others.
Funded by Slough Music Service, Creative Junction imagined and coordinates the project.
“Share the Music” is mainly aimed (but not exclusively) at non-mainstream and community learning settings, such as special schools, alternative education settings and youth groups. However, other mainstream settings are invited to participate.
Music leaders are recruited to work with staff and young people from these settings to develop a programme of workshops to be delivered by young participants to young people from other schools and settings in Slough.
The programme of workshops is developed in weekly sessions over the course of a year, and delivered in and beyond that time. The workshops are designed to inspire a whole class of young people to make music, using their voices and other instruments; to support them, as a group; to create workshop sessions which can be delivered to other children; to develop their confidence and skills to take a lead.
- Groups of young singers and musicians, confident and competent to deliver a series of workshops across Slough (workshops to be at least 30 minutes long)
- Links to young people and music from across the world
- Development of music skills and confidence for staff in youth and children’s settings
- Development of a strong group of music professionals, practised in supporting the leadership of young people
- Collaborations between schools
- Positive attitudes towards young people living with disabilities and disadvantage